Are you unhappy with your smile because of your teeth’s misalignment? Do you have bite-related issues - underbite, crossbite, or overbite? In past years, the only treatment option to correct these dental issues was traditional braces. However, the metal wires of traditional braces used to cause discomfort for the wearers. With Invisalign aligners that have become popular as an alternative to traditional braces, this is no longer the case. Invisalign aligners provide all the advantages of conventional braces while being convenient and comfortable for the wearer.
What are Invisalign aligners?
Invisible aligners or Invisalign is a clear aligner that uses a series of transparent and removable aligners to align and straighten the teeth. Invisalign aligners make use of 3D computer imaging technology to remove teeth alignment issues.
What are the dental issues that Invisalign can fix?
- Fix the gaps between teeth developed due to abnormal jaw growth or shifting of teeth resulting from missing teeth.
- Adjust the teeth's overcrowding resulting from the absence of enough space in the jaw.
- Treat the overlapping of teeth.
- Correct the poor positioning resulting from the projections of teeth.
- Fix bite issues, including open bites, crossbites, and underbites.
- Correct the tooth movement that happens after the removal of traditional braces.
What are the advantages of Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners offer the following advantages when compared to traditional braces:
- Invisalign aligners are transparent and almost invisible. Hence, they are aesthetically appealing.
- The results of Invisalign aligners are faster than the conventional braces.
- Invisalign can be removed while brushing, flossing, or eating.
- When compared with traditional aligners, Invisalign causes less trouble and pain.
- Wearing Invisalign aligners causes less discomfort and pain than metal braces, as the former doesn't include any sharp brackets, metal components, or edges.
- Unlike metal braces, using Invisalign aligners does not require the wearer to make any changes to their diet like the conventional braces.
Procedure for Invisalign
For determining the patient's candidacy for the procedure, the orthodontist starts by taking dental X-rays for diagnosing the oral cavity and the severity of the malocclusion. The impressions of the teeth are taken to use as the basis for the fabrication of the aligners. After fitting the aligners to the teeth, patients are recommended to wear them for a minimum of 22 hours every day.
We serve the area of San Mateo and Burlingame Terrace. To schedule an appointment, call us at (650) 348-5424, and we will be happy to help.